Cedar Rapids Kiwanis Board Meeting
Cedar Rapids Kiwanis Board Meeting
Bradley & Riley Building
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Tuesday, January 13, 2015
Attendees: President Koleene Herlocker, Katie Hiatt-Braasch, Chuck Wehage, Joe Schmall, Duane Nesetril, Laurie Worden, Jerry Oakland, Christina Djerf, Mark Thomsen, Jeff Hollingsworth.
The meeting was called to order at 12:00 P.M. Invocation
Secretary’s Report: Chuck Wehage moved to accept the December minutes. Mark Thomsen seconded the motion. December minutes approved.
Treasurer’s Report: Christina Djerf moved to approve the December Treasurer’s report. Seconded by Chuck Wehage. December treasurer’s report approved.
- Koleene Herlocker proposed adding a Public Relations Chair and Christina Djerf volunteered to take those duties. Joe Blanck will add Christina to the Kiwanis International website so she will receive updates and email messages.
- Laurie Worden presented a request to fund supplies for a joint service project with both key clubs. They will prime and paint a recreation room at camp Io-dis-e-ca the first two Saturdays in March. Laurie Worden moved to approve $700 for supplies. Seconded by Chuck Wehage. Motion approved. Jerry Oakland suggested the key clubs check the Matthew 25 Tool Library for supplies.
- Christina Djerf has been updating information on the website. You can now see a Digital Patch on the front page of our website, which is an award the club received. The Foundation tab should be updated. The What We Do tab needs updating. Katie Hiatt-Braasch will update the Power Point.
- Joe Schmall provided an update on the Pancake Breakfast plans. Joe Blanck will handle ticket sales this year. John Anderson will have the tickets printed. Janet Blackledge is in charge of the dining room and the schedule. The supplies, grills and generator are all on order.
- There was a discussion regarding what the club pays for those who attend the District Convention in Norfolk, NE. The club will reimburse members for the registration fee and hotel.
- District Governor Steve McNally requested all clubs to choose one project to fight childhood hunger.
- Membership & Growth: Mark Thomsen
- Club Administration: Jerry Oakland, provided an update on the February meetings
- Community & Youth Services: Cathy Weber, absent
- Finance & Fundraising: Pam Landon
- Internal & External Communication: Christina Djerf created a 100th Anniversary press release
- Human & Spiritual Values: Michael Metz, Joel Sardzinski, absent
- Prairie and Xavier Key Clubs: Laurie Worden
- Jerry Oakland has photos for the website and he will forward to Christina Djerf.
- Mark Thomsen reports the Tablets at the public library now have a new locked cabinet, well displayed and show the Kiwanis logo.
- Katie Hiatt-Braasch suggested keeping the board meeting minutes secure on the website. It was agreed the minutes will be distributed by email to the membership and kept secure on the website.
Adjourned: 12:57 PM
Click to view the archived Board Meeting Word document below
12-9-14 | 10-14-14 | 9-9-14 | 8-12-14 | 7-8-14 | 6-10-14 | 5-13-14 | 4-8-14 | 3-11-14 | 2-11-14 | 1-14-14 | 12-10-13 | 11-12-13 | 10-8-13 | 9-10-13 | 8-13-13 | 7-9-13 | 6-11-13 | 5-14-13 | 4-9-13 | 3-12-13 | 2-12-13 | 1-08-13 | 12-11-12 | 11-13-12 | 10-9-12 | 9-11-12 | 8-14-12 | 7-10-12 | 6-12-12 | 5-8-12 | 4-10-12 | 1-10-12 | 12-13-11 | 11-8-11 | 10-11-11 | 9-13-11 | 8-9-11 | 7-12-11 | 6-14-11 | 5-4-11 | 4- 12-11 | 3-8-11 | 2-8-11 |1-11-11 | 10-12-10 | 9-14-10 | 8-10-10 | 7-13-10 | 6-8-10 | 5-11-10 | 4-13-10 | 3-9-10 | 2-9-10 | 1-12-10 | 12-8-09